About Me

A family of five that has amazing opportunities to travel the world. Having lived in Beijing, China, Hong Kong,Budapest, Hungary, and Doha, Qatar, the journeys continue to unfold before us.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Ingredient Mix-Ups

For a recent dinner at friends I made this strawberry tart, with whipped cream, fresh strawberries and a sweet pastry underneath. I have to say that it was delicious.

Being inspired to use strawberries, I bought more and decided to make a dessert one night with meringue, strawberries and cream. I didn't have any powdered sugar, but I did have one of these packets below.

Now, clearly, by looking at the picture on the packet, it looks like some form of powdered sugar right?!?! So I added it to the whipped cream and combined it with the meringue and strawberries.

Well unfortunately, this dessert was inedible. The powdered sugar had a slight sweetness to it, but it also had salt. I don't quite understand why this would be sprinkled on a cake as it shows in the picture. It was horrible.